Kenwood Restored

Please note: this event has now passed

Coach departs for Kenwood House

Visit to Kenwood House with Laura Houliston, Curator (Collections) London & East, English Heritage      

The newly-restored Kenwood House with its glorious library or great room was remodelled by Robert Adam  between 1764 and 1779 for the celebrated eighteenth-century lawyer, William Murray, 1st Earl of Mansfield. The restoration project has recovered not only the original colour scheme of the library but also created a setting more in keeping with a Georgian gentleman’s private house and gallery.

Visit to the dairy and the restored grounds


Return visit to the house to look at the splendid  collection of paintings with an introduction by Laura Houliston

Kenwood is home to the spectacular Iveagh Bequest, which includes Vermeer’s  the Guitar Player, a self-portrait by Rembrandt as well as works by Reynolds, Gainsborough and Romney. The Suffolk Collection, including its celebrated  Jacobean portraits, is now displayed in the house as well.

Coach departs for Central London

Meeting Place
Victoria & Albert Museum Main Entrance