Please note: this event has now passed
Visit to the Worshipful Company of Cutlers
The Cutlers, whose work embraces the making of swords, cutlery and surgical instruments, were granted their charter in 1416. Forced to move from their ancient site in Cloak Lane in 1882, T.Taylor Smith designed their present magnificent Jacobean-style Hall with its fine dining hall with steeply pitched hammerbeam roof and paired hammer posts carved with elephants’ heads – the Company’s emblem. The remarkable collection of cutlery ranges from Stone Age tools and Roman utensils to contemporary pieces.
Cutlers’ Hall, Warwick Lane, London EC4