Please note: this event has now passed
Visit to the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries
The Society of Apothecaries was incorporated by royal charter granted by James 1 in 1617 and its hall was situated in the precinct of the former Dominican Priory of the Black Friars. Following the Fire of London, the Hall was rebuilt in 1672 and originally included an ‘Elaboratory’ for the first ever large-scale manufacture of drugs. Today it is the oldest extant livery company hall in the City, with its original Great Hall, Court Room and Parlour remaining.
Apothecaries’ Hall, Black Friars Lane, London EC4